Isolated But Open
Voices from Across The Shutdown
PLEASE NOTE: you do not need to click the 'Add to Basket' button above to read the Isolated But Open monologues!
These plays are available to access online for free – download the PDF by clicking the 'Downloadable Script' link below.
On 16 March 2020, at a critical point in the coronavirus outbreak, theatres across the country began to close their doors. An entire industry was slammed shut to artists and audiences alike.
On 17 March 2020, Papatango launched Isolated But Open: Voices from Across The Shutdown, to inspire creativity and share brilliant new stories at a time when people need them most.
The result is ten new monologues, chosen anonymously from more than two thousand submissions. Funny, poignant, surreal and always surprising, they represent the freshest, most vital and most exciting voices from across the country at this unprecedented time. In addition, award-winning playwrights Rachel De-Lahay and Anders Lustgarten have provided two world premieres.
Available to read now for free, the Isolated But Open monologues are:
- Balcony Bonding by Rachel De-Lahay
- Hungry Like by William Drew
- Guts by Angus Harrison
- rise from the wreckage by Benedict Lombe
- Solastalgia by Anders Lustgarten
- Leave a Message by Hannah Mribiha
- Pythagoras by Emma Pritchard
- Hips by Alex Riddle
- Hair to Stay by Danusia Samal
- The Second Law of Thermodynamics by Tafline Steen
- Wild Swim by Martha Watson Allpress
- One More Son by Pip Williams
All twelve have also been recorded by actors – watch the films for free on the Papatango website here.
27 Apr 2020Size: 198mm x 129mmFREE
Also by Various: