Win tickets to You Stupid Darkness! at Southwark Playhouse plus a copy of the playscript
★★★★ - 'Sam Steiner makes us laugh as the world burns' Guardian
★★★★ - 'A work of extraordinary observation and overflowing empathy... a brilliantly realised, unflinchingly truthful mid-apocalyptic comedy' The Stage
★★★★ - 'A play to laugh along to as well as silently weep with' WhatsOnStage
In a cramped, crumbling office, four volunteers spend a few hours every Tuesday night on the phone telling strangers that everything is going to be okay.
As the outside world disintegrates, they teeter on the edge of their own personal catastrophes. Their hopes and fears become entangled as they try, desperately, to connect with the callers and with each other.
Following its acclaimed premiere at Theatre Royal Plymouth, Sam Steiner's play You Stupid Darkness! is currently running at Southwark Playhouse, London, in a co-production with Paines Plough.
We've teamed with with the producers to offer one lucky winner the chance to receive a pair of tickets to the production (performances subject to availability), plus a copy of the playscript.
To enter our exciting competition, all you have to do is correctly answer the following question:
What is the fruit-based title of Sam Steiner's hit debut 2015 play?
a) Avocados Avocados Avocados Avocados Avocados
b) Lemons Lemons Lemons Lemons Lemons
c) Watermelons Watermelons Watermelons Watermelons Watermelons
Email the correct answer and your postal address to email@example.com by 12 noon GMT on Thursday 6 February 2020. A winner will be drawn at random from the correct entrants.
And that's it! We're delighted to publish You Stupid Darkness! – see more and get your copy here.
NHB runs regular competitions and giveaways, offering you the chance to win new releases, signed books, tickets and more. Subscribe to our newsletter and follow us on Twitter to make sure you don't miss out.
TERMS AND CONDITIONS
- The competition closes at 12 noon GMT on Thursday 6 February 2020. Entries received after the closing date will not be accepted. The winner will be drawn at random from correct entries.
- Only correct answers to the above question sent to firstname.lastname@example.org will count as valid entries. Entries via post/telephone/social media will not be accepted.
- One winner will receive a pair of tickets to a performance of You Stupid Darkness! at Southwark Playhouse, London. Tickets for specific performances are subject to availability. Travel and accommodation costs are not included. No cash alternative to the prize will be offered. The winner will also receive a copy of the published playscript to You Stupid Darkness!; it is the entrant's responsibility to ensure that the postal address they provide is correct.
- This competition is not open to employees of Nick Hern Books, Southwark Playhouse, Paines Plough, or any other organisation involved with the production.
- The winner will be notified by email on the afternoon of Thursday 6 February 2020. They must accept the prize by 12 noon GMT on Friday 7 February 2020, otherwise a new winner will be drawn.