So You Want To Act On Screen?
An essential handbook for anyone who wants to act on television and film – by a leading teacher of screen acting.
For any aspiring screen actor, the challenge is to combine all the components of your craft with an ability to handle the technical demands of acting for the camera within the often bewildering environment of a film set.
Michael Bray takes you step by step through all the challenges you'll face, demystifying the processes you'll encounter, and helping you develop the necessary skills, including:
- How to approach the script and prepare your character
- How to maintain your concentration and learn to relax on set
- How to deliver your lines and improve your vocal range
- How to master continuity, eye lines, and hitting your marks
- How to tackle auditions to ensure your best chance of getting the job
Full of invaluable advice, extracts from screenplays, numerous illustrations and practical exercises – which can be undertaken on your own, using the camera on your phone – this book is an accessible and authoritative guide to developing a successful career as a screen actor.