Ebooks (EPUB files) bought from this website can be read on both Mac and PC computers, and are compatible with the majority of handheld devices, including iPhone, iPad, Kindle Fire, Nook, Sony Reader and most Android devices. (Please note: currently they cannot be accessed on a Chromebook).
By purchasing an ebook from this website, you are authorising Nick Hern Books to supply you with digital content. Shortly after the purchase has been completed, you will receive a download link by email to enable you to download and access your ebook.
To access your ebook, you will need an Adobe ID and suitable reader software on your computer/device. We recommend using Adobe Digital Editions on your desktop computer, in combination with Bluefire Reader on any handheld devices. See below for more details, including how to install each programme on your computer or device.
Alternatively, our ebook titles can be purchased from most mainstream ebook retailers. For help with an ebook purchased from another retailer, please check the retailer's site.
For a list of our ebook titles, visit our Ebooks section.
Step 1: Creating an Adobe ID
An Adobe ID is a free user account that lets you download DRM-protected ebooks in Adobe Digital Editions and on supported eReaders. You can use your Adobe ID to download the same ebooks on up to six devices, as long as you've authorized each device with the same Adobe ID.
You will need an Adobe ID to access ebooks purchased from Nick Hern Books.
To create a new Adobe ID, click here.
Step 2: Downloading your ebook to a Mac or PC using Adobe Digital Editions
We recommend that you download your purchase to your main computer using Adobe Digital Editions, a free software programme that allows you to view and manage your ebooks. You can then access your ebook from other computers and any linked devices, and you will also be able to reinstall it after any data loss or when you switch computers. Alternatively, you can download it straight to a single device.Install Abode Digital Editions on your computer
- Click here to download Adobe Digital Editions, selecting the version for either Mac or Windows. Please note: Adobe Digital Editions is not compatible with the Safari browser.
- Install the software on your computer, following the simple instructions provided.
- Once you've installed Adobe Digital Editions, open the programme, go to the Help menu at the top and click 'Authorize computer...'.
- Enter your Adobe ID (see Step 1 above) to complete the authorization.
- Now click on the download link in your confirmation email from Nick Hern Books.
- Select to open the file in Adobe Digital Editions.
- Your ebook will now appear in your Adobe Digital Editions Library, whenever you open Adobe Digital Editions.
Step 3: Reading your ebook on a handheld device using the Bluefire Reader app
If you want to read your ebook on your tablet or smart phone, we recommend that you install the Bluefire Reader app. Bluefire Reader is a free reading application for EPUB and PDF content, and is used by most online book stores and leading libraries around the world.Download Bluefire Reader to your device
- Bluefire Reader for Apple iPhone, iPad, and iPod touch (iTunes App Store)
- Bluefire Reader for most Android phones and tablets (GooglePlay Store)
- Once you've installed Bluefire Reader on your device, open it by tapping the icon.
- When the app launches, you will be asked to authorize the device using your Adobe ID. Important: enter the same ID you used to authorise your computer.
- Using your device, open the confirmation email from Nick Hern Books and click on the download link.
- Your ebook will open in Bluefire Reader.
You can cancel any ebook purchase made through this website within 14 days of purchase and receive a full refund, but please note that once you have started to download your ebook, no cancellation can be accepted.
If you need any additional help, please contact us by phone on 020 8749 4953 or by email at email@example.com.